- I hope everyone had a blessed Easter!
- I have now been self-employed for two weeks. During that time I’ve written quite a bit, read rather more, and made some adjustments to my daily schedule. I completed one Freelancing job, picked up another, and received invitations for two more. So, so far, so good.
- Still settling into my new lifestyle. Right now my focus is on getting paid; arranging it so that I’ll have at least a little steady income. I mean, financially I’m doing fine, but I don’t feel comfortable calling what I’m doing a job until I can actually show a profit.
- So, when I went over to my parents’ house for Palm Sunday, I had a bad headache. My mother (a former nurse) took my blood pressure, and we discovered that it’s dangerously high (remember how I mentioned last time I was overindulging in take-out? Turns out that may have been a bad idea). Since then, I’ve been working to bring it down to normal levels, though it’s frustratingly slow and it means I have to postpone the exercise regime that was going to be included in my work schedule.
- So, my blood pressure medication has some side effects, most notably drowsiness and lethargy. That’s put a bit of a damper on my work, which is one of the reasons why I haven’t been blogging as much as I thought I would be. I’m intending to change that in the coming weeks.
- Due to the aforementioned blood pressure problems, I’ve been avoiding the news like the plague lately. Let’s face it, it couldn’t possibly help, could it? More and more, I’m thinking ‘bitter recluse’ is my best option for dealing with the modern world. Another reason to make this writing thing work.
- End Quote:
“We’re advising our clients to put everything they have into canned food and shotguns.”
-The Brain Gremlin, Gremlins 2: The Next Batch